The CGT carries out consultancy and design activities for public bodies and companies both in Italy and abroad, within the framework of contracts and agreements stipulated according to the rules of the University of Siena.
The main projects concern:
Acquisition of data on the physical environment:
- Geological and geomorphological survey;
- Analysis of remote sensing images;
- Geophysical, geotechnical and geochemical investigations.
Design and implementation of geographic databases (GIS) aimed at:
- Thematic Mapping;
- Management of geological, geomorphological, hydrogeological data;
- Territory planning and management;
- Management of technological networks.
Studies and designs in environmental geology and geoengineering field aimed at:
- Slope stability;
- Verification of pollutants and site remediation;
- Impact assessment and monitoring of major works, and waste disposal plants;
- Geotechnical and geomechanical tests, soil analysis and special tests on environmental risks.
Distribution of territorial and geo-environmental data by means of:
- Digital preparation for printing thematic maps;
- Three-dimensional representations (3D modeling);
- Network technologies (web-mapping).
- de – FLuoridation technologies for imprOving quality of WatEr and agRo – animal products along the East African Rift Valley in the context of aDaptation to climate change (FLOWERED, an Horizon2020 European Project)
- PHUSICOS – “According to nature” in Greek (PHUSICOS, an Horizon2020 European Project)
- Real-time monitoring of quarry walls using optical fibers
- Geothematic Investigation Database
- Adulis Project
- Colombia project
- Archaeological potential map
- Geological Continuum of the Tuscany Region
- CARG Project
- Management of geothermal resource with very low enthalpy
- Saudi Landbridge Railway Project
- Geological Map of the Interregional Basin of Marecchia-Conca
- Melka Kunture Project
- Investigations in the hydrothermal area of Saturnia
- Saudi Arabian Railway Landbridge Project
- Safety and health in the workplace in the quarries of ornamental stones
- MAE – Tanzania
- Geological map along the Tuscany-Umbria regional border