The CGT’s institutional duties are the following:
- Applied, finalised and developing geological research
- Technological innovation in geology applications
- Technology transfer to businesses.
The working team consists of more than fifty people, also interns and CGT Students contribute to the activities of the Centre.
Research and scientific consultancy activities are carried out by ten laboratories. Through the integration of skills and instruments, these working team can respond to any geological environmental and territorial management problem. Labortories, which also fundamentally contribute to the training activities of the CGT, are the following:
- Physical-Mechanical Analsys of soil Lab
- Applied Geophysics Lab
- Structural Geology Lab
- Geomatics Lab
- Applied Geomorphology
- Geotechnologies for Archaeology Lab
- GIS and Digital Mapping Lab
- Applied and Environmental Hydrogeology Lab
- Rocks and Building Materials Meccanics Lab
- Web Services e Software Engineering Lab
Since its establishment, the CGT has completed hundreds of research, scientific consultancy and design projects for private companies, research agencies and public bodies in Italy and all around the world, providing to fund and develop the CGT itself.